These Earrings will bring out the fun and whimsical side of everyone. They are easy and quick to make.
1 ft 22 GA Gold or Silver Round Half Hard Jewelry Wire. SS German Jewelry wire or 925 sterling is
2 Headpins Match the wire size and color to the wire you picked out.
2 8mm Swarvoski Crystals
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
- Chose the desired peg for the Thing-A-Ma-Jig. You can go as large or small as you wish.
- Cut 2 wires 6 inches long.
- Leave 1.5 inches of wire straight, then wrap the wire around the peg on the Thing-A-Ma-Jig two times.
When forming the second wire , be sure to wrap the wire in the opposite
direction of the first wire. This will ensure that you have two
earrings opposing each other to form a pair.
- Bend the wire at a right angle with your Chain Nose pliers toward the loops. This will form the part of the wire that goes through your ear. Leave this end as long or as short as you wish.
- At the tip of this section bend the wire about 1/4 inch at an angle
away from the loops. File away any rough edges at the end of
the wire that will be going through your ear.
- At the opposite end of the wire you will form a loop. This will be
the loop to attach your crystal to.
- Put you crystal on one of the headpins, form a small loop and connect
it to the loop at the end of your earring.
- Gently pull loops apart to form spirals.
You have completed your Spiral Earrings!
Now experiment, try longer wires and more loops, maybe more beads and
multiple coils. Get wild!
Click picture for a close-up of detailed steps.